Sweet or Savory Brussel Sprouts! Cheddar Cheese!
Enjoy these delicious bites two ways. The yummy ingredients for this recipe include cheddar cheese, walnuts, cranberries, phyllo dough, honey, brussel sprouts and bacon! This combination definitely caught our interest.
Cheddar Cheese Bites: Two Ways!
Check out this yummy way to eat your BRUSSELS SPROUTS! You can do more than just sauté them in olive oil and black pepper (although that sounds good too). We like to change up the way we eat our veggies and finding a simple method to do so is always welcome here, at Yum Maker. This recipe comes directly from Cabot Cheese! We LOVE Cabot Cheese and we always are interested in trying any variety of their cheeses. One of our fave is their “Seriously Sharp” cheddar which really has a bold flavor. If your local grocery store does not have Cabot’s White Oak Cheddar, then go ahead and grab Cabot’s Seriously Sharp cheddar for this recipe. Actually, any of their cheddar varieties will do just fine.
Cabot shares two ways to enjoy these Cheddar Cheese Bites! A SWEET version and a SAVORY version!
- 4 sheets phyllo dough, thawed according to package instructions
- 12 ounces Cabot White Oak Cheddar Cheese (about 3 cups)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped raw or toasted walnuts
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 2 strips uncooked bacon
- 1/2 cup cooked brussels sprouts, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven 375 degrees, F. Spray large cup muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut phyllo dough into 24 squares and press each square into each muffin cup. Place 1/2 ounce of cheese onto each square.
- *For Sweet Version: Cook the squares with cheese for 15 minutes. Then, top cheese with dried cranberries, chopped walnuts and a drizzle of honey. *For Savory Version: Top cheese with bacon bits. Then, cook for 12 minutes.
- Add brussel sprouts (to either version) and cook for additional 3 minutes. Let cool for 2-3 minutes, then serve.
Enjoy making these brussel sprout cheddar bites, both ways! We bet that adding a little extra bacon on the savory version would be even more delicious. You could also vary the veggie that you use. Maybe chop some squash or sweet potatoes next time. YUM!
Recipe source: https://www.cabotcheese.coop