BACON & ONION DIP! YUM!
Bacon delivers again! Bringing “Chips and Dip” to a party or work gathering won’t be boring with this recipe. We love bacon and onions. Bacon and onions usually “make” a sandwich or an omelette dish. How yummy does this dip look with CRISPY BACON and SWEET CARAMELIZED ONIONS? We think it’s a must try, especially for TV game time at home. This awesome recipe is by Susan from The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen and we’re excited to try it. Other than cooking your bacon and slicing your onion, it’s one of those “just mix it all together” recipes that we really like at Yum Maker!
An added bonus to this dip is that it is ALL NATURAL. Many thanks to Susan for sharing this alternative to the store bought dips with “stuff” in it that some of us cannot have in our food (for me…MSG makes me miserable). It’s nice to have an all natural option that isn’t hard to make. So, let’s get it going…
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups low-fat (2%) Greek Yogurt
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon mustard powder
- Cook your bacon to crispy in a skillet and then set on a paper towel to soak up the grease. Remove all grease from your skillet except for about 3 tbsp. as you’ll be adding your onions to your skillet to cook next. Finely chop the bacon once it has cooled.
- Thinly slice your onion and cook in your skillet over medium heat until they soften (about 10 minutes). Now, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle sugar over the onions in the skillet, stir and cook until they are soft and carmelized with a medium brown color.
- Mix the yogurt, worcestershire, cumin, mustard, salt, pepper and bacon pieces and carmelized onions into a medium bowl. Now you’re ready to serve!
You can top off the dip with extra bacon pieces and golden carmelized onions. Grab some chips and veggies, too and enjoy. Yum!
Recipe source: http://girlinthelittleredkitchen.com