This feta cheese dip is so easy and fast to make that it’s called…
Last-Minute Mediterranean Feta Cheese Dip!
Just what we like to hear, a tasty dip that doesn’t add a lot of time in the kitchen. Check out the pic, too…it’s an eye catcher. Colorful goodness!
This beautiful dip was made by The Mediterranean Dish and was described as a “go to dip” or “feta salad” that’s easy and made in just 5 minutes. It’s one of those mix it all together recipes and here at Yum Maker, we’re all about ease in the kitchen and making Yummy memories! We love the combined flavors of feta cheese and sun dried tomato. The recipe says that you can serve with your favorite bread or pita chips. Here’s the how to for this yummy dip:
- 8-10 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 Persian cucumber or ¼ English cucumber, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- ¾ cup sun-dried tomato bits
- 10 fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1½ tbsp chopped chives
- Combine feta, cream cheese, 1 tbsp olive oil and honey in a large mixing bowl. With the back of a spoon, press until the cheeses are softened and well-combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients, 2 tbsp olive oil and gently combine.
- Transfer the feta cheese dip into a serving bowl. Done!
We bet this dip would be delicious with veggies and on a flatbread cracker, too. Now thinking of flatbread, we wonder if it would taste awesome as a spread for PIZZA? Grab a packaged flatbread, scoop this feta mixture on top and GRILL it (or oven bake)! Sounds pretty good. If you try that pizza idea please let us know if it’s a thumbs up.
Recipe source: http://www.themediterraneandish.com