Slow Cooker Black Bean Bacon Corn Dip!
You’ll love your slow cooker for making this yummy dip! Thanks to Rebecca from Foodie with Family for sharing this fantastic black bean and corn dip. It’s colorful pic caught or eye, but we also loved that this dip is made in a slow cooker! Slow cooker recipes are a true definition of easy to make, yummy food. They come to the rescue for our busy days and serve as a no hassle party/potluck dish. Thanks, Rebecca.
Sweet corn and black beans are a delicious pairing. We love them together. Adding cheeses and jalapeños alone to this dip, boosts the flavor big time! Jalapeños and cumin also work well together in this corn and bean dip to add spice, but not too much. We like that because you can still enjoy the sweet corn flavor in this dip and taste a spicy flavor, too. As the pic shows, you can serve this dip with tortilla chips. Blue tortilla chips are used in this recipe. The blue corn tortilla is said to be a little sweeter than the yellow corn tortilla chip. Definitely use your fave chip with this dip.
- 2 (1 pound each) bags frozen sweet corn
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 brick (8 ounces) cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 brick (8 ounces) Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 jalapeno peppers, stem and seeds removed, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound of bacon, cooked until crisp
- 6 green onions, green parts only, thinly sliced, then minced
- Lightly spray the inside of your slow cooker with non stick spray or oil.
- Combine the sweet corn, black beans, cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, Jalapeños, garlic, salt, pepper, and cumin and stir in the slow cooker.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set to LOW Cook for 2-3 hours, until all ingredients are hot and cheese is melted and the corn and jalapeños are coated with a creamy sauce.
- Cook bacon crispy and then finely chop. Stir the crispy bacon pieces and minced green onion into the hot dip in the slow cooker ** (Save 1 Tbsp. of chopped bacon and 2 tsp. of minced green onion to sprinkle on top of dip when ready to serve.)
- Scoop dip into serving bowl and top with the saved bacon pieces and minced green onion.
The hardest thing about this recipe is just waiting for it in the slow cooker. That’s probably a down side that will be easily forgotten after the first bite, huh? Enjoy!
Recipe source: http://www.foodiewithfamily.com