Mmmmmm, bacon and popcorn! Some of us love a more savory snack with just a touch of sweetness. This popcorn recipe has just that. Crispy bacon mixed with a touch of maple syrup on a classic snack of buttery popcorn! This recipe calls for cooking bacon in the oven, using a wire rack over a sheet pan, in order to easily collect a bit of the bacon drippings. But, we were thinking that sometimes, you may not want to oven cook (or fry) bacon for a late night snack because it takes too long or you aren’t that thrilled with having a greasy pan in your sink overnight. So, with all respect to this recipe and if you’re looking for an alternative, then go ahead and grab the precooked microwave bacon. It may not sound yummy, but once those bacon strips are heated up…they smell and taste great! You will be missing that “collected bacon drippings” for the drizzle in the recipe, but the butter and syrup drizzle may be just enough tasty goodness anyway. Just an “easy” option to throw out there. Check out this popcorn snack!
Maple Bacon Popcorn!
- 10 cups popped popcorn (or one 3-oz. bag plain microwave popcorn, popped)
- 8-10 slices bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper and salt to taste
- Cook your bacon. This recipe’s bacon is cooked in the oven at 375 degrees, 15-20 minutes, until crispy. After bacon cools, crumble it up…small pieces.
- Collect 1 tbsp of bacon drippings from your pan, add your butter, maple syrup and heat it all up in small pot or bowl in the microwave (until the butter melts).
- Now, you’re ready for the Yum! Pour your popped popcorn into a large bowl, toss in the bacon pieces and drizzle that syrup mixture all over your popcorn! Add salt and pepper too.
Super Yum! What a great movie night snack or anytime snack, really.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.buzzfeed.com