Bacon-Wrapped Pears with Horseradish Cheddar!
Here at Yum Maker, we absolutely LOVE Horseradish Cheddar Cheese! We were excited to find this recipe from the folks at Cabot Cheese. Personal opinion: Cabot Cheese is my FAVORITE! Their sharp cheddar and seriously sharp cheddar cheeses are just that! Very flavorful and always yummy. It’s a bummer when you’re wanting a “sharp” cheese and it doesn’t deliver. Never found that with Cabot Cheeses. So, their Horseradish Cheddar is another worthwhile cheese to try if you haven’t already. (No connection with Cabot Cheese Co. here, we just really like it.)
If you’re not sure if you like Horseradish, give this cheese a try. Sometimes a horseradish sauce can overwhelm, but in a cheese it’s flavorful without startling the senses. Wrapping a slice of pear with this cheese and bacon is AWESOME! What a super fast snack or party appetizer to put together that will be gone in seconds.
Looks so good…
- 12 slices bacon
- 3 small to medium ripe pears
- About 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- About 2 ounces Cabot Horseradish Cheddar
- Wooden toothpicks
- Cook your bacon: This recipe prepares the bacon in the oven. Preheat oven 375 degrees F, line baking sheet with foil and layer bacon. Cook for 8-12 minutes, until bacon is done but not crisp, so you can wrap it.
- Cut each pear into 8 wedges, removing core and seeds. Brush sides of wedges with lemon juice.
- Use a vegetable peeler to make shavings of the cheese and drape over the pear wedges.
- While bacon is still hot, cut each piece in half and wrap around the pear wedge & cheese. Hold in place with a toothpick. DONE! YUM!
This is our new favorite snack! Thanks to Cabot for delicious cheese and for sharing a fun and easy way to enjoy snack time. Bold flavors in a little bite…a keeper! YUM!
Recipe source: https://www.cabotcheese.coop