What else can you do to your BAKED POTATO? Bake an EGG in it! YUM! We know that eggs and potatoes go really well together. Fried eggs and home fries, omelettes and hash browns are some of our favorites. So, why not try perfecting your favorite baked potato with an egg? We never really thought about doing that, but looking at the pic definitely peaks our interest!
This potato idea comes from Real Simple/PopSugar. They describe these potatoes as creamy, twice baked potatoes with an egg on top. We love their idea of combining sausage with the potato mixture, too. It’s a baked potato side that has some breakfast favorites. You could substitute a different sausage in the potato mixture or add some bacon bits. Adding some cheddar cheese and/or veggies would work too. We think that some roasted red peppers, sliced or diced would be super good. Peppers and eggs go great together in omelettes, so why not add a few to this potato, too? We are excited to try it. Here’s how to make these yummy Baked-Potato Eggs…recipe serves 4.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 precooked turkey sausages, diced
- 4 large eggs
- Heat oven 400 degrees, F.
- Scrub potatoes and pierce with fork, bake until fork tender about 45 minutes.
- Cut each potato in half and scoop out the inside and stir with butter and cheese. Combine sausages in potato mixture.
- Scoop the sausage potato mixture back into the potato halves and create a hollow in each center. Break one egg into each hollow.
- Place on baking sheet, cook for 10-15 minutes or until eggs set.
YUM! Pretty easy too. So, grab a potato and an egg for something that may become one of your favorite baked potatoes!
Recipe source: http://www.popsugar.com