A winner cheese snack for the cheese lover! A winner snack for the garlic lover, too!
Garlic Cheese Wontons!
Wrap us some cheese and garlic for hard to resist snacks! Yum!
Looks delicious! If you love cheese sticks, then this recipe will tempt you to try these cheese wontons. Other than enjoying our favorite cheese slices on a cracker, this snack highlights a creamy and tasty cheese snack with a distinct flavor and crunch only gained from the wonton. YUM! Adding a marinara dip completes this tasty bite. Brooke Mclay via Babble made these cheese wontons and thankfully shared them with us all. It’s the best of a simple and tasty recipe that made us wonder why we hadn’t tried this before? Sometimes, the easiest and most basic recipes are passed over in the search for the next big foodie experience. We’re happy that we came across Brooke’s Garlic Cheese Wontons and we bet you’ll be, too.
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (fresh or the sort in the jar)
- fresh ground pepper
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 1 cup of your favorite marinara sauce
- Place a small amount of mozzarella cheese in the center of the wonton wrapper.
- Sprinkle small amount of minced garlic and cracked pepper onto the cheese.
- Moisten edges of wonton wrapper with a little bit of water and then press edges together, form a triangle shape.
- Place folded wontons into pan with coconut oil, medium heat. Cook until both sides are golden brown. Serve immediately, with marinara sauce.
Enjoy these wontons! Remember, garlic not only adds an awesome seasoning to your food, but it also adds nutritional value. Check out some of it’s health benefits and you’ll find that garlic is good for cardiovascular and blood pressure support. It also has antibacterial and antiviral properties and improves iron metabolism as well. We love those good for you foods that are also yummy, of course!
Recipe source: http://www.babble.com