WE LOVE MINI CHOCOLATE TREATS!
Mini Chocolate Chip Cheesecakes!
These little cakes look amazing! We found these decadent looking cakes among chocolate cake recipes and they were a standout. A standout not only for how CUTE and CHOCOLATEY DELICIOUS they look, but because they were a CHEESECAKE too. We can never try too many chocolate cheesecakes. Yum! This cake is topped with a lovely chocolate ganache! Looks great. We also liked how all of the little chocolate chips layered on the ganache added extra bursts of chocolate flavor for every bite. Another bonus to this little cake is a graham cracker crust. This kinda reminds us of a delicious S’more recipe that we posted with a graham cracker crust, too. What a great treat to share at a work event or weekend party. We would be excited to see a whole tray of these cute mini cakes. This recipe is from Hun… What’s for Dinner? (what a neat name) and not only does it share an easy cheesecake recipe, but it also gives you a couple of different options, like Nilla Wafers or Oreo Cookies, for the crust. That’s always nice. Use a brownie pan or even a muffin pan to make these little wonders.
1- 8oz brick of cream cheese, at room temperature
1/2 can sweetened condensed milk
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp corn starch
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
12 square graham crackers or cookies (Nilla Wafers, Oreos)
1/2 can condensed milk
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F. Place graham cracker squares in bottom of pan (brownie pan) or in bottom of wells (muffin pan).
- In bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy (no lumps), about 4 minutes. Slowly beat in vanilla, half of the condensed milk, sugar until combined. Beat in egg, just until combined, add corn starch and 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips.
- Pour cheesecake filling mixture evenly on top of graham crackers and bake 15-20 minutes until cheesecake is firm, yet slightly wiggly in center. Cool completely.
- In small pot, medium-low heat, melt chocolate with condensed milk until smooth.
- Lastly, generously spread chocolate ganache over cooled cheesecake and sprinkle with rest of mini chocolate chips! Refrigerate until serving. YUM!
Bet it’s a great idea to make these mini cakes with both graham cracker crust and cookie crust. We think that we may also like to try using dark chocolate chips sprinkled on the chocolate ganache. This is a great mini cake to try your hand at making a simple chocolate ganache. After you make it once, the possibilities of drizzling yummy chocolate ganache over other cakes, cupcakes, pound cakes, etc. are endless!
Recipe source: http://www.hunwhatsfordinner.com