Yum Maker LOVES corn dogs! We also love anything “mini” for easy, yummy snacks! We found these mini corn dogs from Kristin at iowa girl eats. She made these for a great Super Bowl snack. Other than being mini-cute, we were drawn to these little corn dog snacks for an awesome any day snack, too. Great for movie night, after school snack, party snacks and a great way to enjoy hotdogs!
Here’s how you do it…
Mini Corn Dog Muffins!
To let you know…this recipe makes 48 mini muffins and the cornbread is made from scratch. It definitely looks easy to follow (making the batter), so if you’re game then go for it. But, if you prefer not to, we think that you could make this even easier by using an instant cornbread muffin mix. Guess the yummy buttermilk may entice you toward making that batter, though. You decide what’s best for you.
For Cornbread Batter…
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8-10 all beef hot dogs
- mini muffin pan
- Make the cornbread batter by whisking the butter, sugar and then eggs in a bowl.
- Pour in the buttermilk (the secret ingredient for awesomeness) and mix.
- Stir the dry ingredients (cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt) and whisk the dry into wet ingredients in two batches. Whisk well in between the two batches.
- Spray pan with nonstick cooking spray and drop 1 tbs of batter into each mini cup in the pan.
- Cut the hot dogs into 1 inch pieces and place a hot dog into each mini cup in the pan.
- Bake about 8-12 minutes / golden brown cornbread. Cool for 5 minutes. Done! Ready to eat!
Yum! We would add some mustard, ketchup or even BBQ sauce to dip! How about trying mini corn dog muffins using hot dogs with cheese inside or maybe a sweet or spicy sausage? Bet they all would be a hit.
Recipe adapted from: http://iowagirleats.com