Mint chocolate chip lovers are serious about their mint chip sweets. The mint has to be “minty” and not a “peppermint mint”. Even the color, like the mostly preferred green, is considered key upon declaring a sweet treat a delectable “MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP sweet treat”. Here, at Yum Maker, we’re happy to share a recipe that will let those mint chocolate chip fans have the delicious experience of making an awesome sweet treat. Make it as minty and as green as you prefer and this sweet treat will be worthy of its name, Mint Chocolate Chip! You’ll love this sweet treat…
Mint Chocolate Chip Fudge!
We were excited to find this recipe. It’s from Chocolate, Chocolate and More. Great name. No wonder they had this indulgent treat in their recipe index. We applaud them for this easy to follow recipe, too. Bet you’ll make this one several times, especially when it’s time for a mint chocolate chip fan’s birthday week. It’ll be much appreciated. YUM!
- 3 1/4 cups white chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2-3 teaspoons mint extract (not peppermint)
- green food coloring
- 3/4 cups mini chocolate chips, divided
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- Microwave white chocolate chips and butter on high for 1 minute. Let rest for 1 minute, then check to see if melted. If needed, microwave more for 30-45 seconds. Stir chocolate until all lumps are gone.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and mint extract. Add green food coloring to desired color. Once all is mixed well, let cool for a few minutes. Fold in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Press fudge into prepared pan. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chips on top and gently press into fudge.
- Refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours to set, before cutting into squares. Store into airtight container.
In case you are curious, this recipe uses McCormick’s Pure Mint Extract. Use whichever brand that you prefer.
Recipe source: http://chocolatechocolateandmore.com