THE CAULIFLOWER FRITTER!
What a great way to make CAULIFLOWER a KING among veggies…
DO A FRITTER!
Cauliflower is a good tasting veggie for most, but we do hear from some people that it’s just “ok” or better with a ranch dip on a veggie tray. Well, why not let this veggie shine in a popular, yummy FRITTER. Here’s a recipe from ELLEIGHTY / Spark Recipes that we thought would change the minds of those non cauliflower lovers. It’s pretty straightforward to make and probably a good place to start if you’ve never made a fritter before.
Sometimes, getting the mixture just right in order to keep those fritters shaped and holding together, may be challenging. We found some tips to making a fritter from Casey at Good Food Stories. She suggested to keep your batter thick and sticking to your veggies. If your batter is watery, then you’ve made too much. Another helpful hint is don’t use too much oil. The skillet should have just enough oil to cover the bottom. Overall, a handy tip from Casey is to cook your fritter “like a grilled cheese”. So, keep those tips in mind while cooking these delicious fritters.
Here’s how ELLEIGHTY creates those cauliflower fritters:
- 2 cups cooked cauliflower florets
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup green onions, minced
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Mash the cooked cauliflower in a large bowl and then add your egg, green onion, parmesan cheese and the spices. Mix well and shape into your fritter patties (this recipe calls for 8 patties).
- Ready your skillet with cooking spray and cook each fritter until golden brown.
Yum! Bet you’ll love these cauliflower fritters and want to try other veggie fritters.
Recipe source: ELLEIGHTY/ https://recipes.sparkpeople.com