Change up your traditional Guacamole Dip!
You can still enjoy the creaminess of your favorite guac dip, but get a burst of sweet, fruity PINEAPPLE with this recipe. Not only will you enjoy bites of chunky pineapple along with the creamy avocado, but the juices from the pineapple will add a new level of flavor to this tasty dip. If you love spicy, then you’ll also find that adding the sweet from the pineapple highlights the spice but also keeps it in check. So, even the non spicy person can enjoy this guac dip!
Ali from Gimme Some Oven shared this fresh and tasty remake of our classic guacamole dip. Like us, she has a love for pineapple and avocados. We agree that it makes perfect sense to combine the two and enjoy the results. Thank you to Ali! Lots of us are enjoying sweet and spicy flavor combinations, so this dip does not disappoint. It also looks so colorful and ready for a spring table!
- 3 ripe avocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, minced (add more or less to taste)
- 1 1/2 cups diced fresh pineapple, plus extra for topping
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt
- dash of cumin
- Mash together avocado, jalapeño, pineapple, onion, lime juice, cilantro, salt, cumin, until well mixed.
- Top off with extra fresh pineapple and chopped cilantro.
- Serve with corn tortilla chips!
We love these recipes which just combine it all together and serve. Super easy! Grab your favorite tortilla chips or try some pita chips. Pita chips can be a great option for this dip, too.
Recipe source: http://www.gimmesomeoven.com