Take one look at this slice of cake and you’ll be thinking…I’m making that! That’s what happened here, at Yum Maker. We were hooked by the fudge topping and chocolate whipped cream. YUM! This is most definitely a beautiful looking cake, too. The chocolate drizzle and morsel bits make this cake a serious dessert for the chocolate lover. Hershey’s chocolate pudding mix is also a bonus YUM for this cake recipe. We always love anything Hershey. This is a cake that you have to try:
Sinful Triple Chocolate Poke Cake!
Thanks and double thanks to Julianne from beyond frosting for making and sharing this cake recipe! It could easily become a new favorite birthday cake for us chocolate lovers. This cake is also a “fun” cake since you’ll be poking all those holes in it for hot fudge surprise bites. That adds to the delicious factor among chocolate cakes.
- 1 Box Chocolate fudge cake mix
- 1 Box Hershey’s dark chocolate instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
- 1 C Milk
- ½ C Vegetable oil
- ½ C Light sour cream
- 1 Jar Hot Fudge Sauce (12.8 oz)
- 1 Box Hershey’s Dark Chocolate instant pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 2 cups milk
For Whipped Cream:
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cup hot chocolate mix
- Additional Hot Fudge Sauce for drizzling
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, crushed
- 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips, crushed
- Preheat oven, 350 degrees F.
- Combine cake mix with dry pudding mix with eggs, vanilla extract, milk, vegetable oil and sour cream. Beat, medium speed until well combined. Bake, 20-22 minutes in 9 x 13″ pan. Check doneness with toothpick. When done, cool for 10 minutes.
- With cake still warm, poke holes in top of cake (can use end of wooden spoon). Microwave hot fudge jar for 30 seconds, until it thins out and can be stirred. Pour entire jar of hot fudge sauce on top of the cake, dripping into the holes. Let cake set until completely cooled.
- Mix package of instant dark chocolate pudding with 2 cups of cold milk. Before pudding sets, pour it over the entire cake and set in fridge to set, about 15 minutes.
- In a cold mixing bowl, pour in heavy whipping cream. Beat medium speed, 3 minutes. Add hot chocolate mix, beat medium high speed until stiff peak forms. Spread whipped cream over entire cake. Drizzle chocolate over whipped cream and sprinkle the crushed white and milk chocolate chips as well.
You definitely can’t go wrong with hot fudge and chocolate pudding IN and ON a chocolate cake! YUM!
Recipe source: http://beyondfrosting.com