Feta cheese is an awesome cheese. It’s a salty and tangy cheese and most of us love it with roasted red peppers and NUTS! What a great way to make a tasty mini cheese ball. Use delicious feta cheese and hide away a favorite little snack inside…the BLACK OLIVE! Roll this mini olive cheese ball in hazelnuts or any favorite nut to maximize flavor. YUM!
Feta Cheese-Covered Olives!
This recipe is fantastic for a satisfying appetizer or snack and it couldn’t be easier to make. The mini size allows you to not only make them quickly, but share a good quantity of these tasty bites on a serving platter for game time, party time or snack time. Making these little cheese balls also won’t tire out your arm from mixing a huge bowl of cheeses, like the typical larger cheese balls require. These feta cheese and olive snacks are from Katerina at Diethood…the eating effect. Katerina said that they were a hit with her family and although they are a little bit different among snacks, they are creamy and delicious. We don’t doubt it. Here’s what to do:
- 1 can black California Ripe Olives
- 1 package (8-oz) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 to 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh dill
- ½ cup finely crushed hazelnuts (you can use any nuts)
- Drain olives and pat dry with paper towel. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese, feta cheese and dill in bowl, combine well.
- Place crushed hazelnuts in shallow dish.
- Mold 1 tsp cheese mixture around each olive and shape into a ball.
- Roll each cheese covered olive into the crushed hazelnuts and set on a serving platter. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
We think it’s a great idea to try different kinds of nuts, too. Walnuts are a sure choice for cheese balls in general. But, PISTACHIOS go really well with feta cheese. We could see that being very tasty! YUM! This recipe is also great for New Year’s Eve!
Recipe source: http://diethood.com