What a great mix of light and creamy for a LEMON goodness treat! This recipe can satisfy your sweet tooth and give you a substantial snack treat. We found these on allrecipes and we were inspired to try them out because they are not only easy to make, but they look so dessert table ready. If you have to bring a dessert to an outdoor party this summer, these creamy lemon bars will get you an “Ooooooo and Mmmmm!” from the crowd. Great for hot days and serve with some fruity punch, too! Check them out:
Lemon Cream Cheese Bars
- 2 packages Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (refrigerated)
- 2 lemons
- 2 packages of cream cheese (softened)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Press 1 package of crescent rolls into baking dish and spread out to all sides of the dish.
- Zest 1 1/2 lemons into a bowl and add juice from 2 lemons into bowl. Add cream cheese and sugar into bowl and mix with electric blender until creamy.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture onto the crescent roll dough that’s in the baking dish.
- Layer the 2nd crescent roll package onto the cheese mixture. Brush melted butter over the crescent roll dough.
- Mix the remaining lemon zest and 3 tablespoons of sugar into a bowl. Sprinkle onto the buttered dough.
- Ready to bake! 30 minutes (350 degrees F) / golden brown top. Let it cool for 20 minutes and remove from baking dish to cut into squares. Refrigerate until chilled (about 1 hour).
Yum! Lemons! Gotta love that sugary, flaky top too. A keeper.
Recipe source: http://allrecipes.com