Love to get those sweet roasted nuts at art festivals and craft fairs? You can smell them even before you see the vendor’s booth. Many of us have made our own candied pecans or almonds at home, in the oven. Here’s an easier way make these sugared glazed nuts…use your crock pot!
Crock Pot Sugared Pecans!
We like this super easy way to make one of our favorite nutty snacks. This slow cooker idea is from Gingerbread. A lot of folks responded to Gingerbread’s recipe and just loved the idea of using their crock pot to make these glazed pecans. We agree. For those who made this recipe, they said it was delicious! It’s also a great way to make a large quantity! Rather than dealing with multiple baking sheets or preparing multiple batches of your pecans, just throw a bunch into your slow cooker and go on with your day. We love that. This recipe gives an option of using walnuts, which is also a great idea. A medley of nuts would be super good!
- 16 oz. pecans or walnut halves
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- Preheat your crock pot on HIGH, for 15 minutes.
- When the crock pot is hot, add your pecans and butter and stir.
- Add powdered sugar and stir to blend, coat pecans evenly. Cover and cook on HIGH for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to LOW, remove lid. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for about 2-3 hours or until nuts are coated with a crisp glaze.
- Transfer nuts to a bowl. In a separate, small bowl combine the spices. Sift over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly. Let cool before serving.
We like to eat these sugared glazed pecans just a few minutes after they are done and still warm. Get creative and sprinkle these yummy pecans on a salad with a balsamic dressing or in a bowl of glazed carrots. Don’t forget about adding them to a big stack of pancakes, too! YUM!
Recipe source: http://www.thegingerbreadblog.com