Gotta make time for this grilled cheese!
Good news is it doesn’t take a lot of time to make and even better news…it’s a recipe keeper!
We posted a recipe for Mexican Grilled Corn on the Cob (see our yummy Grilled Corn 5 Ways post) and now we have found another YUM recipe to boast about. This is a cheesy sandwich that has yummy golden corn and a kick of heat. Nice. Searching for grilled cheese recipes is always fun, but we opt for those Ooooo moments when scanning those pics. Thanks to Grilled Cheese Social, we found one! See what you think:
Mexican Grilled Cheese!
- 2 slices of Texas Toast bread
- 1 cup of shredded manchego cheese
- 1 lime wedge
- 1 tbs of pickled jalapenos
- 1 ear of roasted corn
- 1 tbs smoked chile butter: To make…combine 2 pats of unsalted butter, a pinch garlic
salt, 1 tsp smoked paprika, & 1 heaping tsp chile powder
Hint: If you can’t find manchego cheese, a good substitute can be Pecorino Romano and Asiago Cheese. You can’t go wrong with whichever cheese you’d like to explore with as these other ingredients give such a flavorful kick to a grilled cheese sandwich. Let us know if you try a different cheese for this sandwich.
- Grate the manchego cheese and pile about half of it onto a slice of your Texas Toast bread.
- Slice kernels of the roasted corn off the cob and layer onto the cheese.
- Layer the pickled jalapeños onto the corn and then top off with the remaining cheese, press down.
- Place the other slice of your Texas Toast Bread on top and spread the chile butter on the bread.
- On medium heat, place your sandwich butter side down in your pan. (Don’t forget to butter the other side of your bread.)
- Keep flipping until golden brown and cheese inside looks thickened and melty.
This recipe suggests to let the sandwich sit for a minute in order to let the butter soak in and the cheese thicken. Also, recommended is to serve with lime wedges and squeeze lime juice on top! Done!
This grilled cheese sandwich is a winner! So Yummy and colorful looking, too.
Recipe adapted from: http://grilledcheesesocial.com