We love pies! We don’t always love to make a whole pie, though. How awesome is it to make MINI PIES? Not only is it easy, which is a Yum Maker must, but it’s a versatile treat too. Mini pies are great to bring to party events and are an awesome after school snack. We love them for a quick sweet breakfast treat, too. These mini pies also celebrate a classic favorite…The APPLE PIE! What’s even better, they have our favorite STREUSEL TOPPING! YUM! Take a look:
Mini Apple Pies with Streusel Topping!
Super yummy looking apple pie bites! We of course recommend adding some whipped cream to the top. These little apple pies come from Center Cut Cook. It’s a great recipe as it gives you some options. You can make the pie crust on your own or use a pre-made refrigerated crust, thankfully! It’s great to know that you don’t have to be a baker and know how to make pie crust from scratch in order for these mini apple pies to be a delicious success. We like Center Cut Cook’s thinking that you can do both…from scratch or premade! Awesome.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (or make your own)
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples, finely chopped
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
For Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven, 425 degrees, F. Spray mini cupcake pan with nonstick spray.
- Unroll refrigerated pie crust and use a 3 inch round cookie cutter to cut out 12 rounds. Place each round into bottom of each cupcake cup in pan. The rounds should go up the sides of the cups just slightly.
- In bowl, combine chopped apples, 3 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp all purpose flour, 3/4 tsp. cinnamon, and 1 tsp. lemon juice. Divide this mixture evenly among the 12 mini pies.
- Combine ingredients for the streusel topping and divide evenly among the 12 mini pies.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until tops are golden brown. Allow mini pies to cool for 15-20 minutes before removing them from the pan.
- Top with whipped cream!
We bet that you could easily slice some peaches and make mini peach pies, too. What about blueberries? They all sound so good.
Recipe source: http://www.centercutcook.com