Grab a fresh golden loaf of french bread to make a great savory and sweet pizza! The french bread is perfect for a light and crusty pizza that’s easy to make and has a nice portion size. This recipe is simply a great team of french cheese with french bread! We’re all for that. Brie cheese has that yummy buttery flavor and creamy texture that go great on this french bread pizza. Not only do the cheese and bread go well together, but those sweet peaches and brie cheese are a delicious bite. We love fruit with cheese. What a great summer time pizza, too!
Peach, Basil and Brie French Bread Pizza!
This colorful and delicious looking pizza is from Monique at Ambitious Kitchen. We agree with her about how simple approaches to a dish can certainly result in big flavor. She uses just peaches, cheese, basil and balsamic vinegar to create a memorable and super yummy pizza! Thanks, Monique for sharing a delicious way to enjoy our favorite sweet and juicy peaches this summer.
- 1 french bread loaf, sliced lengthwise in half
- 2-3 ripe peaches, pitted and thinly sliced
- 4 oz. of brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped basil
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- dash of salt
- Preheat oven 425 degrees, F.
- Place bread on baking sheet and brush olive oil over each half. Sprinkle with a dash of salt.
- Top each half of bread with brie cheese and peaches. Bake for 10 minutes. Broil for 30 seconds, until cheese gets brown and bubbly.
- In small saucepan (medium-high heat), make balsamic vinegar reduction: add vinegar and cook until reduced to 2 tablespoons, about 5 minutes.
- Drizzle balsamic reduction evenly over pizza. Top with basil. Done!
You can cut pizza into wedges and serve…or have each bread slice as your personal little pizza slice! If you really want to enjoy this pizza as a summer time pizza, then how about getting the grill out? Grill the wedges of peaches along with your french bread. Awesome grill marks on your food sure makes it appetizing! Then easily place the cheese and those grilled peach wedges on the toasty bread and let the grill melt the cheese on your pizza. YUM!
Recipe source: http://www.ambitiouskitchen.com