The Perfect Nest…Hash browns! For the Perfect…Egg!
Isn’t that a mouth watering pic of these awesome Hash Brown Egg Nests? We had to share them on Yum Maker. You can’t beat the taste of an oozing egg paired with flavorful potatoes, cheddar cheese and of course, bacon. Farah from The Cooking Jar gets all the praise for these lovely Hash Brown Egg Nests. She suggests serving them with chilled avocado. Sounds good to us.
If you haven’t made some type of “Egg Nest” dish, then give this one try. It is pretty easy…just fill up a cupcake pan with the goodies and bake. Ingredients are easy too, just grab some frozen hash browns and you’re all set to make these cute nests. Of course, this recipe is great for Easter brunch with the whole nest theme and they look VERY YUMMY on a table. But, we’re sure that ANY day is great for this recipe. In fact, we vote this recipe to be an unforgettable and yummy “breakfast for dinner” recipe. If you have made these before, guess it’s visual reminder to enjoy them again!
- 15 oz. frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 medium eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon Cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 avocados, sliced and chilled
- Mix the hash browns, 1 cup of cheddar cheese, olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Pack the hash brown mixture tightly into each cup of the (greased) muffin pan. Shape into nests. Bake at 425 degrees, F until edges have browned and cheese has melted, about 15 minutes.
- Crack an egg into each nest and season with salt and pepper.
- Top with crumbled bacon, 1 tbsp cheddar cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 350 degrees F until egg whites set, about 13-16 minutes. Let cool and remove from pan. DONE!