Grab your cupcake pan and get ready to make an ULTIMATE SAVORY CUPCAKE! If you love CHILI and CHEESE and FRIES, then this is a must recipe for you. Who would of thought that these goodies would be made as a cupcake? Pretty neat.
Chili Cheese Fry Cupcakes!
These awesome “savory cupcakes” were shared by Amy at pennywise cook. We absolutely LOVE chili cheese fries! We think that this is a superb way to enjoy a classic chili & cheese fry dish in an easy and satisfying snack size. This recipe also remarks that you can make your own fries instead of using the frozen fries. Of course, that involves another step or two. So, to keep it simple there’s nothing wrong with using those frozen steak fries. We think that as long as you don’t over cook the fries initially, then they should be soft and easily pressed into the cupcake pan. Here’s how to do it:
- 1 Package Frozen Steak Fries (or create your own fries)
- 1 Pound Ground Turkey
- 1 Can Ranch Style Beans
- 1 medium Onion, Chopped
- 1 Can Rotel
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic, Minced
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven 375 degrees, F.
- Microwave the steak fries until soft, about 4 minutes. Fries should be soft, not crispy. Let cool and then smash flat into each cupcake well, equal amounts.
- Bake fries in the cupcake pan, 20-25 minutes. Let cool.
- Cook ground meat in skillet with onion and garlic. Add beans, rotel, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer spoonful of chili mixture on top of fries in pan. Add cheddar cheese to each cupcake well, equally.
- Place chili cheese fry cupcakes in oven for a few minutes to melt the cheese, if desired.
- Top with sour cream and green onions. Done!
You don’t have to feel guilty about eating a whole basket of chili cheese fries on your own with this alternative snack. These are the perfect small bite sized chili cheese fries for everyone. Great to make these for a party event, too. You could have a tray with a turkey chili version and a tray with a veggie chili version. Add some jalapeños for a spicy kick. We think that you’ll have fun trying out tasty options with this recipe.
Recipe source: http://pennywisecook.com